2017 Call for Submissions
The call for submissions to SFDFF is now open. CLICK HERE to submit your film.
SUBMISSION DETAILS FOR SAN FRANCISCO DANCE FILM FESTIVAL
In seven short years, San Francisco Dance Film Festival has grown from a small underground screening room showing a handful of dance-based films to a four-day international event filling a full-size, 360-seat theater. In 2017 we expect over 2,500 people to attend our screenings, with thousands more viewing the work online in years to come. In addition, SFDFF presents lectures and screenings year-round in collaboration with respected local partners such as public libraries, universities and dance schools. These outreach programs give selected filmmakers even further exposure, as they join us in bringing dance to new audiences through the accessible and portable medium of film.
2017 SUBMISSIONS DATES
Opening Date: February 1, 2017
Deadline: April 17, 2017
Extended Deadline: May 1, 2017
$50 per entry / $35 student rate (regular deadline)
$60 per entry / $45 student rate (extended deadline)
AWARDS & PRIZES
All films selected for the Festival are eligible for the following awards. Winners will be selected by independent award jury.
— Best Documentary ($1,000)
— Best Live Performance Capture ($500)
— Best Screendance Film
• Under 5 minutes ($500)
• Under 10 minutes ($500)
• 10 minutes and Over ($500)
— Best Student Film ($500)
— Best Art/Experimental ($500)
— Best Technical Achievement ($500)
Audience Favorite awards, selected by audience survey from the individual screendance shorts programs, will be announced the week following the festival. The 2017 award jury members will be announced later this spring.
• Free Festival Pass providing admission to all programs and events during the four-day festival
• Industry networking and discovery opportunities. Several of the films screened at SFDFF have gone on to receive distribution offers.
• Inclusion in our permanent digital archive.
• Opportunities for further exposure via our “On the Road” touring reel and other educational outreach programs
• Eligibility for filmmaker awards
• “Official SFDFF Selection” laurel to help promote your film
Unfortunately we can’t cover travel or accommodation expenses, but we would be happy to provide an official letter of invitation for you to seek travel grants.
1) All dance-based films of any style or length will be considered.
Please note: Although we will accept films that are publicly available online, in order to attract press coverage for your film, it is preferred that links remain PRIVATE until after the closing of the festival.
2) Films must have a production date of 2014 or later.
3) Submissions accepted through FilmFreeway only.
Selected films will be requested in their native frame rate in QuickTime format using one of the following codecs: ProRes, ProRes HQ, or ProRes 4444. Blu-ray may be requested as an additional option for films over 20 minutes ONLY. A ProRes file will also be required as backup.
Questions? Please use the contact form below or call us at 844.567.3333