11th ANNUAL SAN FRANCISCO DANCE FILM FESTIVAL
San Francisco Dance Film Festival (SFDFF) is a multi-day international event showcasing the best in dance film from around the world. With the additions of virtual reality films, live performances, gallery installations, and screenings of live captures from the world’s great stages, SFDFF has become one of the most respected and influential dance film festivals. The festival now awards cash prizes and produces a touring reel to expand the reach of its programming.
2020 SUBMISSIONS DATES
Opening Date: January 15
Early Bird Deadline: January 31
Regular Deadline: April 18
Extended Deadline: May 8
$40 per entry / $25 student rate (early bird deadline)
$50 per entry / $35 student rate (regular deadline)
$60 per entry / $45 student rate (extended deadline)
AWARDS & PRIZES
All films selected for the Festival are eligible for the following awards. Winners will be selected by independent award jury.
— Best Documentary ($1,000)
— Best Live Performance Capture ($500)
— Best Screendance Film
• Under 10 minutes ($500)
• Over 10 minutes ($500)
— Best Student Film ($500)
— Best Art/Experimental ($500)
• Eligibility for filmmaker cash awards up to $1,000
• Free Festival Pass providing admission to all programs and events during the festival
• Industry networking and discovery opportunities. Several of the films screened at SFDFF have gone on to receive distribution offers.
• Inclusion in our permanent digital archive.
• Opportunities for further exposure via our “On the Road” touring reel and other educational outreach programs
• “Official SFDFF Selection” laurel to help promote your film
Unfortunately we can’t cover travel or accommodation expenses, but we would be happy to provide an official letter of invitation for you to seek travel grants.
1) All dance-based films of any style or length will be considered.
Please note: Although we will accept films that are publicly available online, in order to attract press coverage for your film, it is preferred that links remain PRIVATE until after the closing of the festival.
2) Films must have a production date of 2017 or later.
3) Submissions accepted through FilmFreeway only.
Selected films will be requested in their native frame rate in QuickTime format using one of the following codecs: ProRes, ProRes HQ, or ProRes 4444. Blu-ray may be requested as an additional option for films over 20 minutes ONLY. A ProRes file will also be required as backup.
Questions? Please use the contact form below or call us at 844.567.3333